So you’ve written a book, edited it, you’ve got a killer cover, and now it’s time to get the word out. Congratulations! You’re about to embark on the exciting (and possibly stressful) journey of book publicity.
But don’t worry, we’ve got some tips to help you navigate the process and get your book the attention it deserves.
1. Set up a website and social media accounts. A website and social media accounts are essential for promoting your book. Use them to share updates, behind-the-scenes glimpses, and sneak peeks of your book. And don’t forget to include links to where readers can purchase your book!
2. Reach out to book reviewers. Book reviewers can help spread the word about your book and give it some valuable exposure. Look for reviewers who focus on books in your genre, and make sure to follow their submission guidelines when reaching out.
3. Host a book launch event. A book launch event is a great way to celebrate the release of your book and get people excited about it. You can hold a virtual event on social media or a in-person event at a local bookstore or library.
4. Utilize your email list. If you’ve been building an email list, now is the time to use it! Send out an email announcing the release of your book and include links to where people can purchase it.
5. Get creative with your marketing efforts. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and come up with unique ways to promote your book. This could include creating a book trailer, running a contest, or partnering with other authors or businesses.
So there you have it – a few tips to help you publicize your book. It might seem overwhelming at first, but with some hard work and a little bit of creativity, you’ll be well on your way to getting your book the attention it deserves. Good luck!
A writer is someone who writes. An author is someone who publishes. Are you ready to be an author?
Atmosphere Press has been guiding authors on rewarding journeys through publication and beyond since 2015. Our authors’ award-winning and acclaimed books have sold tens of thousands of copies across six continents, and our Press ethos is to put the power not in the hands of the publisher, but in the hands of the writer, where it belongs. Accredited with an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, we partner with the Independent Book Publishers Association, the Association of Writers and Writing Programs, Writer’s Digest, Poets & Writers, Winning Writers, and Writing Magazine, among others.
If you would like to explore taking this author journey with us, please reach out to us directly through our submissions page. We’ll look forward to helping you achieve your goals as a writer…and as an author!