As an author, having a website is an important way to connect with readers and promote your work. But with so many different options and factors to consider, it can be tough to know how to build an effective author website. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Keep it simple: When it comes to building an author website, less is often more. Don’t try to cram too much information onto your site – keep it simple and focus on the most important elements.
2. Make it easy to navigate: You want readers to be able to find what they’re looking for on your site quickly and easily. Make sure your navigation is clear and intuitive, and consider using drop-down menus to help organize your content.
3. Include information about your books: Of course, your books should be the main focus of your author website. Make sure to include information about your titles, including descriptions, covers, and links to purchase.
4. Add a bio and contact information: It’s always a good idea to include a short bio on your website, as well as your contact information. This can help readers get to know you and make it easy for them to get in touch.
5. Consider adding additional content: In addition to information about your books, you might also consider adding additional content to your website. This could include blog posts, writing tips, or even a newsletter.
So there you have it – a few tips for building an effective author website. With a little planning and some creativity, you can create a site that will help you connect with readers and promote your work. Happy website building!
A writer is someone who writes. An author is someone who publishes. Are you ready to be an author?
Atmosphere Press has been guiding authors on rewarding journeys through publication and beyond since 2015. Our authors’ award-winning and acclaimed books have sold tens of thousands of copies across six continents, and our Press ethos is to put the power not in the hands of the publisher, but in the hands of the writer, where it belongs. Accredited with an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, we partner with the Independent Book Publishers Association, the Association of Writers and Writing Programs, Writer’s Digest, Poets & Writers, Winning Writers, and Writing Magazine, among others.
If you would like to explore taking this author journey with us, please reach out to us directly through our submissions page. We’ll look forward to helping you achieve your goals as a writer…and as an author!