Are you feeling stuck in your book writing and publishing journey? Don’t worry, we’ve all been there! Here are some tips for finding joy and inspiration in your long-term project, even when roadblocks and life events try to derail you:
1. Set small, achievable goals. It’s easy to get overwhelmed when you’re working on a big project like a book. Break your goals down into bite-sized pieces so you can celebrate small wins along the way.
2. Find a writing buddy. Having someone to share your progress with can be really motivating. Find a friend or colleague who is also working on a writing project and check in with each other regularly.
3. Take breaks and recharge. Writing a book is a marathon, not a sprint. Don’t burn yourself out by trying to do too much at once. Take breaks to recharge and come back to your project with fresh eyes.
4. Find inspiration in your everyday life. Look for inspiration in the people and experiences around you. Keep a journal of ideas, quotes, and observations that spark your creativity.
5. Don’t be afraid to try something new. If you’re feeling stuck, try shaking things up by trying a new writing technique or genre. You never know what might inspire you.
6. Don’t let rejection get you down. Every writer faces rejection at some point. It’s important to remember that rejection is a normal part of the writing process and it doesn’t define your worth as an author.
7. Find joy in the journey. Remember that writing and publishing a book is a journey, not just a destination. Find joy in the process of creating something new and sharing it with the world.
Remember, you are not alone in this journey. Keep these tips in mind and stay focused on your goals.
A writer is someone who writes. An author is someone who publishes. Are you ready to be an author?
Atmosphere Press has been guiding authors on rewarding journeys through publication and beyond since 2015. Our authors’ award-winning and acclaimed books have sold tens of thousands of copies across six continents, and our Press ethos is to put the power not in the hands of the publisher, but in the hands of the writer, where it belongs. Accredited with an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, we partner with the Independent Book Publishers Association, the Association of Writers and Writing Programs, Writer’s Digest, Poets & Writers, Winning Writers, and Writing Magazine, among others.
If you would like to explore taking this author journey with us, please reach out to us directly through our submissions page. We’ll look forward to helping you achieve your goals as a writer…and as an author!