Negative book reviews can be tough to handle, especially on Amazon where they can be seen by thousands of potential readers. But don’t let them get you down! Here are some tips for how to handle negative reviews on Amazon with grace:
1. Take a deep breath and try not to take it personally. It’s easy to get defensive when someone criticizes your work, but remember that not everyone is going to like your book.
2. Try to see the review as constructive criticism. Maybe there’s something you can learn from the feedback that will help you improve your writing in the future.
3. Consider responding to the review, but don’t get into a heated argument. A polite and respectful response can go a long way in showing that you value your readers’ opinions, even if they didn’t love your book.
4. Look for the silver lining. Negative reviews can actually be helpful for your book’s SEO because they show that your book is getting attention.
5. Remember that one negative review doesn’t define the success or quality of your book. If you have mostly positive reviews, don’t let one negative review bring you down.
6. Keep writing! The best way to deal with negative reviews is to focus on your next project and keep creating.
So the next time you see a negative review on Amazon, don’t panic. Take a step back, try to see it as an opportunity for growth, and keep moving forward.
A writer is someone who writes. An author is someone who publishes. Are you ready to be an author?
Atmosphere Press has been guiding authors on rewarding journeys through publication and beyond since 2015. Our authors’ award-winning and acclaimed books have sold tens of thousands of copies across six continents, and our Press ethos is to put the power not in the hands of the publisher, but in the hands of the writer, where it belongs. Accredited with an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, we partner with the Independent Book Publishers Association, the Association of Writers and Writing Programs, Writer’s Digest, Poets & Writers, Winning Writers, and Writing Magazine, among others.
If you would like to explore taking this author journey with us, please reach out to us directly through our submissions page. We’ll look forward to helping you achieve your goals as a writer…and as an author!